Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pink October

Pink October is a very busy month for the Gewekes in Yuba City.  I am so proud to say that my dad started our Race for Awareness 14 years ago and it seems to get bigger and bigger every year.  All the money raised from the race, Bowling for Breasts, The Scramble for the Cure, Survivor Fashion Show, Spa Night and I'm sure I'm forgetting more goes to the Geweke Caring for Women Foundation.  The money stays local and helps women in the fight of their life with breast cancer. 

I honestly love race day.  It is filled with community togetherness, family fun, exercise and a wonderful pancake breakfast that I just can't get enough of!  I was so excited to have Parker run his first race and with Joel's determination, Parker and his dad (along with Brett and Kate) were the first strollers to cross the line!  I was just proud to run the entire 5k, and with Samantha talking by my side, it was a breeze!

The stroller runners

Kels and Cars with their scooters were still "scooting"


Parker wore Ben's old onesie "Drooling for a Cure"

No comments:

Post a Comment