Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Passing the time...

As I am a day away from my duedate (and waiting not so patiently), I'm glad to say that I can finally cook in my kitchen!  So, I thought I would inaugurate my oven with a batch of peanut butter cookies.  I found the easiest recipe in my Paula Deen cookbook, "Kitchen Classics".  Now, as easy as this recipe is, keep in mind that it doesn't make a lot (18 cookies) which, in this instance, is perfect because I just wanted to bake, I didn't NEED to.  Here is the recipe:

Magical Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a large baking sheet.  In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar, the egg and the vanilla.  Stir well with a spoon.  Roll the dough into ball the size of a walnut.  Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.  With a fork, press a crisscross design on each cookie.  Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle the cookie with a bit of the remaining sugar.  Cool slightly before removing from the pan.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment